The daycare was asked to represent themselves at a high school career day. I went with one of my directors. As I was getting ready I felt bad that I didn't take more time to prepare. This is something important to kids that age, finding out more about different opportunities available to them. And for me, child care is so important and the impacts that we make on children at an early age are so great.
WELL, have any of you been in a high school lately? That was scary!! I sat there and just studied those children, they really can not be close to adults yet, and grew fear of what our future looks like. I will say, SOME, were heading into a good direction, but for the most part they were just there to get out of class and socialize. Not to mention, there short tops, heavy make up, and gangster looking clothes. We only had about 3 visitors the whole morning, one pregnant Junior and her friend and one really excited girl.
The booth next to us was the high school parenting education center. They had a Pregnancy Stimulator. I tryed it on, let me tell you, it is very heavy, all men should try it. All the guys that walked by tryed it on and tool pictures of it. That was the hit of the fair. I was curious so I looked at the information that they had to hand out, I thought it was on being parents, child development, NO! They had a brochure for each STD! How times have changed? I didn't even know what they were until much much later in life.
Now, I want my girls to go to boarding school when they get to Junior High. HA HA! I realize the things that they will have to deal with as they grow up and understand how I will have to grow up with them and try to be the best supporter I can as they deal with this.
Another reason I am feeling so scared about my children growing up, my little sister was giving me advice on being "COOL". She was giving me pointers on my writing, my LITTLE sister! Now I am scared and OLD, lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment